We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for ERC in two days!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for ERC in two days!

Looking forward to my mini vacation this week. We leave on Monday and come back Friday. We are planning one day to go to Coba and Xel Ha.....if anyone has last minute tips I'd love to hear them! Also if anyone has questions about ERC, post them here and I'll try to respond promptly!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

We'll be there in May. We'd like to know how "under staffed" they are and is the seaweed on the beach as bad as some reviews stated. Also, how long are the waits for dinner if you dine after 6:30p? Enjoy your stay :)

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

Okay, great!!!!! I'll answer all that when I get back :-)

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

Hope you're trip was amazing! Is there also a way to confirm the measurements of the in room safe with the resort? We're bringing a huge camera and want to be sure it'll fit lol

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

The staffing issue was odd. There were plenty of bell boys, front desk staff, concierge, etc....but the restaurants seemed to be understaffed. I say this because the wait times around 6:30pm for the more popular restaurants were about 45 minutes with only half of the tables full. Beach drink service was good.

Seaweed: well, I live in New Hampshire and our beaches have seaweed. So do the beaches in Santa Cruz, California, where I grew up. The beach at ERC is beautiful. The sand is like powder, the water is warm. Yes there's seaweed. It's NOTHING like what I've seen. It's almost like little pine needles floating and really no big deal. You won't be able to do any good snorkeling there from what I understand, and we didn't attempt to.

The safe was large, but I'm not sure about whether it'll fit your camera! I was on the way home when I read your question about the safe and therefore didn't get measurements. However, I did see you asked it somewhere else on the forum and someone replied with dimensions with seemed about right to me!

Have a great trip :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,535 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

Hi

The safes at ERC are 17" x 15" x 9"

Edited: 09 February 2014, 12:04
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

Your review for ERC joharavhf explained a lot. Sorry about the obstacles you've ran through.

flipflop_man; I've found other dimensions and posted them in another forum post which are different from yours. But you're the expert, are you sure your dimensions are accurate?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,535 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

The sizes quoted are the outer dimensions and they are accurate based on the rooms we have been in

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

All I know is that I managed to fit a 15 inch laptop in those safes.

Mark

Kenai
Level Contributor
692 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

The wait time at the restaurant could also be due to kitchen insufficiency... staff or cooking ability. It looks bad to seat a couple and then have them wait 2 hours for their meal. If half the tables are empty at only the more upscale restaurants, I would say its a budgeting technique.

10. Re: Leaving for ERC in two days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:20