We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
213 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

If anyone has info on the time share with OCT, please share. We love the resort, but really do not want to sit through a 3 hour spill just for the price and info on this.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

I did not go to the Timeshare presentation...but they were completely obnoxious about insisting that we go. The price continued to go up to "pay" for us to go the more we said no. They were relentless, and we had only been on property about 10 minutes after of course being up for a bunch of hours and having a long flight. In the end we just agreed to go, and didn't show up just to get them to leave us alone.

Been to many all inclusives-most have Timeshare presentations, but this one was the most irritating of them all.

On a positive note-other than that, we really enjoyed our stay at OCT. We did book Privilege, and were very happy with that decision.

Have a great time at OCT...and hopefully someone will be able to help you up front with the cost. My only suggestion if you are interested would be to hesitate a little before agreeing to listen...our perk went from resort credit to cold cash by simply being resistant!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,897 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

If you book the special (low priced) deal, it is a condition of that price that you attend the presentation. It 100% mandatory. If you don't attend, you can expect to be presented with a bill for the full (inflated) price of your stay.

Sorry OP, there's no way around it - if you want the deal, then you have to attend the presentation.

If you are a REGULAR guest at the resort (as in, paying the going rate), you have no obligation to attend any sort of presentation.

I'm not typically a proponent of attending timeshare presentations just for the freebies or cheap accommodations as my consider my vacation time to be far more valuable. These "90 minute" tours are notorious for taking significantly longer (4 hours is not unheard of) during which time you will be subjected to some very high pressure and aggressive sales tactics. When you don't sign on the dotted line, you may even be the recipient of some verbal abuse. If you are interested, even remotely, in buying a timeshare do your research; you can almost always take over someone else's "investment" for pennies on the dollar by buying on the secondary market.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 15:01
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

You could go to their website and email them with your questions. I'm sure they will want contact information though, and that could end up being a pain if they start calling and/or emailing. I don't think they'll give out too much info. though unless you attend their presentation. That way they can put the pressure on.

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

As a timeshare owner for many years, I would heartily suggest you do some after market research if you are really interested. I personally don't think that you're likely to get a deal at an onsite presentation. As for the aggressiveness and rudeness at presentations...well I've faced much worse sitting at a poker table and for that matter in my professional career. They can certainly be relentless, but not the nightmare demons that they are frequently portrayed as. Just tell them that the timeshare life is not for you and don't stutter!

5. Re: Does anyone know details on the time share at OCT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20