We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home a week now

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Home a week now

The tan may be fading, but our enthusiasm for and our appreciation of the community of Puerto Morelos is still burning brightly. We stayed for two weeks and spent 4 nights at Posado el Moro right in the center of the action and appreciated it's old world feel and proximity to restaurants and cafes. We spent 3 days in Paamul (beautiful place) and then came back to Cabanas Puerto Morelos for a week. I have posted a review on this comfy and friendly place. We had been to PM 15 years ago and we wish we had visited this charming and vibrant community more. We went to many restaurants, bought BBQ chicken dinner from QUEENIES(sp?), chased down the fruit and veggie truck several times and enjoyed the wares of the bakery truck almost every night! We spent an exhilarating day at the Little Mexican School and loved the wide beach and calm waters of the beach at the north end. There are lots of vibrant, creative and hard working chefs, entrepreneurs, artists, musicians, environmentalists and community activists around Puerto Morelos and I feel great appreciation for their work at keeping PM a great destination for people who are not only interested in the natural beauty but also are interested in experiencing (even as a short term tourist) life in a small tourist town that has a lot to offer!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
162 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home a week now

Thanks for posting, it was great to read. We'll be there in 2 weeks and were also there maybe 5 years ago, so we're very excited to get back to the wonderful little town. I hope it hasn't changed that much, and still feels somewhat undiscovered and un-commercialized. We've got a condo this time and can't wait to explore the area a bit more. I remember the BBQ chicken, and it was yummy! I can't remember who we bought it from though. We look forward to the bakery truck. Does it park close to the square or just drive around and stop at various places? Thanks again for the report.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home a week now

Loved reading your trip report. We are visiting this summer for the first time, with extended family ranging in ages from 5 to 69. We cannot wait to experience the wonderful town you describe!

3. Re: Home a week now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:26