We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Hotel??

halifax
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
which Hotel??

We are trying to decide between Dreams Tulum and Dreams Riviera Cancun. I am travelling with my husband and 5 and 10 year old boys. Which resort would you recommend? We are looking for the good kids club as well. My 10 year old likes activities and playing video games. thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which Hotel??

You may have already thought of this . We once stayed at Tulum and it's quite a long drive (1 1/2 hours +) to / from the airport). We didn't consider it before going but with an early morning flight home the wake up time was brutal, like 3:30AM. Since then we've stayed closer to Playa del Carmen or Puerto Morelos. A short drive to the airport.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which Hotel??

Hello....Do you intend to do any excursions while there? As NoSnow stated, the Tulum resort is an extra 1 to 1 1/2 hours further from the airport, but if you will be visiting the Tulum ruins or Xelha, you will be much closer.

We stayed at Dreams Tulum 2 years ago, on a family vacation and had a great time. My three daughters were 18 and up when we we went so I can't comment on the kids activities. I do recall reading a lot of good reviews on the children activities when we were choosing a hotel. We chose Dreams Tulum because of the close location to the excursions we wanted to do, and were glad we did.

The ocean is a little better for swimming, less seaweed, than at Dreams Riviera Cancun. Haven't stayed at DRC, but it's right beside our favorite resort, Excellence Riviera Cancun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which Hotel??

As the other posters have said, Tulum is a bit of a drive from the airport. I've been to both the Riviera Cancun area and Tulum and the beach and ocean in Tulum are much nicer, it looks just as if it's been photoshopped it's so beautiful; the sand is very white and the sea is very clear. Having said that, I personally didn't think the beach nearer cancun was too bad although there is some seaweed, and if you have kids and plan to take them to do activities outside the resort there is much more of that kind of thing around Cancun, Tulum is much quieter.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which Hotel??

Hey fellow Haligonian!

We have been to Hotel Marina El CID spa and beach resort the 4 times in the past 5 years and going again in April. The kids will love the rock jump at this resort....(the oldest one will anyway) and the young one will love the amazing kids club. The food is great and its a nice little resort....we love it!

anyway, check out the reviews, I'm sure you'll be impressed!

5. Re: which Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:19