We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
115 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Hi Everyone,

Can my husband wear flip flops for dinner with tailored linen trousers or does it have to be closed in foot wear for the gents?

Thank you in advance

Lou xx

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Flip flops would not be appropriate at most of the a la carte restaurants (ok at Oceana and Seaside though).

Closed toe sandals are fine - they don't have to be dress shoes.

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Thanks for the reply what about leather dress sandals. He has some that cross over the foot , and the foot goes through, so not thong style, will these be acceptable? Us women are so lucky and can wear anything lol x

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Just curious if anyone knows why men can't wear open toe dress sandals.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

I have never had an issue wearing nice leather sandals, open or closed toe, with long pants at any resort. And personally, I think they look a lot better than running or tennis shoes that you see a lot of in the restaurants. I have also seen men wearing fabric TOMS shoes.

Roland, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

Glad to see this, my hubby has some leather dress sandals that are closed toe, glad we don't have to pack his dress shoes, with a size13 foot, they take up too much room.

6. Re: Footwear for men Secrets Silversands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:16