We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

We are headed to ERC in just a few weeks. My husband loves Rumchata in his coffee and Tito's with just about anything. Does anyone know if the resort has either? Thanks so much!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,549 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Isn't Tito's Vodka from Austin, TX. and is served on United Airlines?.....I would never trust a Vodka named Tito's.....That's like buying a Tequila named O'Malley's, or an Alaskan Merlot.....I am positive that the resort will not serve Tito's...Do not know about a Rumchata...

Edited: 11 April 2014, 01:38
Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,418 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Sorry never heard of either

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
888 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Rumchata is based from Horchata...the favourite Mexican non-alcoholic drink and....Rum I think. Sounds good!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Rumchata tastes like cinnamon toast crunch cereal. And in coffee it is a party in your mouth! And I am not sure where Tito's is made but my husband swears it is the best vodka with no hangover. 3 weeks from today and we will be on a plane (hopefully not with snakes!).

Texas
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Tito's is actually an excellent vodka that is distilled 6 times and made with yellow corn as opposed to the traditional wheat or potatoes that most vodkas use. It's gained popularity after winning some prestigous awards beating several other top shelf vodkas. I'm no expert but preferred it in a blind taste test over Grey Goose, Three Olives and rated it about the same as Ketel One. The taste to value is hard to beat and also agree with the lack of hangover from personal experience at least.

But to answer your question I highly doubt you will find Tito's anywhere at your resort. I'm not familiar with the specific vodka brands at ERC but I'm sure you could search or ask on here for someone to put that information up. I've found Stoli, Absolute, Skyy, Grey Goose as well as a few others to be the most common vodkas served at the adults only resorts we've been to.

I'm actually taking a small bottle of Tito's with us on our upcoming trip to Puerto Vallarta. Not because I can't live without it but because I have a small bottle that will travel well and the bartenders at the resort we're going to seem more engaged and passionate about their jobs (boutique resort). I figured they might want to see/taste it since it's unique that such a great vodka comes from Austin, TX.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Austin
Austin
Texas
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

Agree. Titos is excellent.

7. Re: Rumchata/Tito's Vodka at ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16