We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

Super excited to make our decision ERC after reading numerous reviews about adult only AI's. Husband was asking me earlier today, what kind of "top shelf" alcohol selection will we have?? My husband likes really superb made mixed drinks, even the fruity ones LOL. I've found the wine and beer selection from another post...I guess my prior experiences with AI weren't near the level of excellence, with Golden Parnassus being one of them...drinks were made with funny tasting mixes. Just wanting to get an idea of what we should expect..

P.S not interested in paying extra for excellence club

Thanks for any insight:)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

I think the best bar for quality of drinks is the Martini Bar. The bartenders there do a superb job. You can get great margaritas at Agave. Everywhere else is OK.

Hope this answers your question as it's a little unclear what you're asking.

Realize you're not interested in EC but they make a great Cadillac Margarita in the EC lounge.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

EC lounge and Martini Bar get my vote. That said, they all do a great job.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,489 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

Hi

As has been said at some bars like the swim up o even the Cafe / Kafe Bar they will use some premixed blends to speed up the serving process

is there any particular brands your husband it interested in?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

He likes bourbon and whiskey. Particularly Jamison whiskey and some bourbons I can't remember:( He Will also drink fruity concoctions especially Mai Tais...I guess I'm remembering staying at the golden parnassus and not caring much for the margarita's(thinking I could've made a better one at home). They didn't use many brands of alcohol we recognized. Looked at some pictures on here last night and even the in room alcohol looks promising:):)

Very excited for our trip!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

You will find 'name brands' at the bars (along the lines of Absolut, Jack Daniels, Bacardi etc.) but the real 'top shelf' like Grey Goose etc. are limited to the EC bars I believe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

They do have 'well brand' (unrecognizable name!) but if you ask for eg an Absolut and tonic, that is what they will pour - just specify.

We are at ERC next month, but have stayed at both of the sister resorts which are very similar, I wasn't keen on all the mixed drinks (the fruit stuff can be a little too sweet, I prefer real juice / fruit) but places like the Martini bar can make some really delicious concoctions.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,489 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

Hi

They certainly have Jamison whiskey and some other what I would call good bourbons

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

Awesome thanks so much everyone. Sounds much better than the selection we have had at previous AI's!! He will be very happy they have Jamison:):)

9. Re: Just booked ERC for Oct!! Help with alcohol selection??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos