We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous!

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nervous!

I am getting nervous about our trip. We leave April 30-May 7th but we were called by Apple a few weeks ago informing us that Now Jade had been overbooked. They said that it was mandatory to move us to Now Sapphire.

I am so worried that we are going to get there and sapphire is going to be overbooked as well.

The Apple rep said that we were being placed in an preferred club tropical view but I told her that we had paid for the preferred club ocean view. A few days later, she called to say that we were approved to be placed in a preferred club oceanfront at Sapphire.

I booked Now Jade for several reasons like bigger suite (able to close off for 12 year old) and that it was closer to town. We also liked that there was not a lot of sea grass at Now Jade.

Has anyone else gone through this? We have been to VIM, Secrets Silversands and Riu Palace Las Americas but we have never had this happen before.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous!

That's not good! Did they compensate you in any other way? Vouchers for a future stay or future travel? (they certainly should have!).

Now Sapphire is also sold out for those dates but if they say you are confirmed and have not called to tell you otherwise, I can only assume that you are and will get the room they booked for you.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous!

Hi!

Yes, they did say that we would be getting a voucher which is really great! I just worry about the unknown and I think that having my daughter with us just makes me worry more.

I don't want to be the "complicated" guest. I planned on calling Apple and Sapphire to double check in the morning.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous!

Send an e mail to Olivia at sales10.nosrc@nowresorts.com and ask her to confirm your room. That's a better way to go than calling Apple.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nervous!

Thank You for your help. I will send out an email tomorrow. Do you know how the activities for the children are? My daughter is very mature for her age ( I have a disabled child who is older than her) so I am not sure how involved in the kids activities she will be but she was hoping for soccer.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nervous!

The staff at the Explorer's Club does a nice job with the kids but I can't say I've seen a kid's club at any hotel have a soccer game. Not really sure where there would be the room to do that either. Then again, I suppose your daughter can suggest it and if other kids want to play? How old is your daughter?

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nervous!

I sent an email out and called Apple. The Apple agent said that we were not going to get a new paperwork regarding the move. When I called the agent said that we were not placed in the preferred club ocean front suite but a junior ocean front suite. She said that they don't have us down as preferred but that is what we paid for Now Jade. She then transferred me to someone else who I had to leave a message for. I'm sure it will work out but I'm stressed now!!

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nervous!

She is twelve but is very mature for her age. I know they had beach soccer at SSS but it's adults only. I'm sure she will have a blast no matter what. When we stayed at Riu Palace Las Americas she got a bit bored because they really didn't have any activities.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nervous!

We heard back from Apple and feel a lot better about the situation. They said that our room is set and that there have not been any changes to the room status or preferred club.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nervous!

Please do yourself a favor and save all these emails you are getting from both Apple and resort. I'm sure you also know to write down everyone's name that you speak to (not that this always helps). Bring the paperwork and notes about who and when you spoke to, with you.

I hope it all works out, but sometimes when these things happen, there is miscommunication and each party will blame the other.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nervous!

Yes, I have printed and wrote down the names of who I talked with. I have read of this stuff happening so I like to be prepared.

I'm just going to think positive it will all work out:)