We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day question

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day question

Has anyone gone to PM or Playa during the Labor Day weekend? I realize it's an American Holiday but we were wondering how crowded it may or may not be. We were thinking about going the Sat before Labor Day. We are staying at Zoetry for 6 nights but I am sure we will be going into PM & Playa as well.

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day question

Lets see,you picked probably the hottest,most humid,rainiest and chance of hurricane month to visit this area, WHY?

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day question

Hmmm, I thought I was the one who asked the question??? I am a risk taker, what can I say? I live on the edge!!!

Edited: 28 April 2014, 16:17
rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day question

Well the school vacation time is over so you will not have to contend with those crowds....maybe you could check a few hotel sites and see if they are booked solid but I doubt that PM,Playa or the Tulum area would be packed that time of year....suerte

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day question

That's what we figured but I wanted to know from people who have actually been during that time of the year. Thanks, we will keep our fingers crossed.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
806 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Labor Day question

September and October are VERY quiet in Puerto Morelos. National tourists are gone because the children are back in school, and the foreign tourists don't start arriving until November and December. It is the rainy season, but I enjoy the peace. I would expect rental/hotel rates to be cheaper and vendors to be more negotiable.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Labor Day question

IOJ, thanks so much, I appreciate your response. Yes, the resort is cheaper. Our deal was to good to pass up! We will enjoy the peace as well. I am pretty certain that we will be headed there the week after Labor Day, right around Sept 8th. Looking forward to it.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Labor Day question

I have actually traveled to the area over Labor Day weekend a few times with my kids. We lucked out with weather each time. Virtually no rain and it seemed a bit cooler than June and July temps. There are very few school age children during this weekend as school has begun for most in the U.S. We had great service due to the sparse crowds, but some resorts may cut staffing and close certain facilities if occupancy is too low.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Labor Day question

Thanks Paul, I hope we have the same luck as you did in terms of the weather, wouldn't that be nice? (yes it would) I can't imagine it seeming cooler that time of the year but that's great to hear, we will take it but we are prepared for whatever comes our way. I hope they aren't going to close anything at Zoertry during our stay but like I said we will take it as it comes our way.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Labor Day question

Crowded..absolutely not.

Normal weather - Very hot and Very humid..Not he rainy season.

Hurricane potential - In the hurricane season but we get less here that in the US or the Caribbean Islands.

Trip Insurance for hurricane season. definitly, as a safeguard.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Labor Day question

Thanks Frank, glad to see that you said that it's not the rainy season, there is hope yet! I agree w/ you in regards to Hurricane potential but that you get less there that here in the US or the Caribbean. Insurance? Absolutely.