We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
481 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

Put this is Cancun forum but realized this is more accurate forum:

Hi all,

Planning a trip that is likely to include Excellence Riviera Cancun. We like a true oceanfront room, but that is a huge upgrade at this resort that we're not willing to pay on this trip. The ocean view room is $80 per night more than the basic pool view room. I'd like perspectives on whether to seriously consider this. I'd like it to be a decent ocean view if I'm paying for it. Please provide specifics on the quality of this view (links to pics taken from an ocean view room would be awesome).

I'd also like a room that is quiet 11pm-8am. If these room types vary in that regard, please comment.

Also, am I correct that if you don't get a swim-up room then you're not on the ground floor? We definitely don't want ground floor.

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
678 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

Hi. We had ocean view for our honeymoon and then spa/pool view for our last trip. If you PM your email address to me, I can send you pictures of the ocean view from room 6334 in building 6C. I enjoyed it a lot, but I was fine without it too. You can also see the ocean from the top floors of some of the spa view rooms, but it's fairly distant.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

Hello.....Below is a link to a map of resort. Buildings 6A and 6C are buildings with "ocean view" rooms.

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Yes, the ground floor rooms are swim-out suites.

The whole resort is pretty quite after 11:00 pm, so I don't think that would be a problem. The only noise in the morning is from people getting up early to claim a prime spot at the beach or pool.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
481 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

A delayed thanks for the replies. It ended up that only pool view was available when I booked, so that's what we'll have. Looking forward to the first visit to the ERC.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

I enjoyed the way you told people to "Please provide specifics!"

I cannot imagine that there is any way that the good folks at ERC could possibly keep you happy.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

I understand your request for specifics as "it is a much better view" or "totally worth the extra money" doesn't help much, now does it. I am sure .

"I cannot imagine that there is any way that the good folks at ERC could possibly keep you happy." I think that assessment is baseless. The OP asked some very specific questions and is seeking specific answers. Last time I checked, that is what this site and the forums are all about. I don't think there is a need to insult the OP.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
481 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

Thanks for this response, Nicole. Unfortunately, I have found that "ocean view" can mean dramatically different things, in Mexico and elsewhere. For some resorts that is the term they use for oceanfront. At other places it can mean being able to see a small piece of the ocean if you lean over the edge of your balcony at the right angle. Perhaps an exaggeration, but maybe not a dramatic one, so details are important. But we'll have pool view and looking forward to trying out this resort.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

In my ERCbalcony hot tub now and the view is pretty darn good, wide expanse of sea and only a small pool between me and the beach. Ocean view / front, whichever you pick it is truly beautiful.

8. Re: ERC room: ocean view vs pool view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:16