We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
224 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Hello, we just booked our third return trip to ERC in July. We have done EPC once and EPM 3 times as well. We chose to go back to ERC because it was a better deal (in our opinion) at booking to EPM. We love EPM but also ERC for different reasons. Last we were there was 2012. Jsut wondering if anyone has any insight to any changes to the resort and not to miss activities etc?

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Hello......We were there in 2011 and 2013. Below are the changes we noticed. Some of these may have already been in place when you were there in 2012

New Indian restaurant, Basamati.

New options for lunch at the beach; Pizza at the main beach bar and the Las Olas snack grill.

Private cabanas available for a day rental.

We are returning to ERC this September and I have been following this forum pretty closely since I booked in January. With the exception of a little bit of remodeling to some of the club rooms and Chez Isabelle, nothing else new has been mentioned.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Not sure how long ago they started doing this, but the afternoon crepes I've read so much about were not a done thing (that I was aware of, anyway) when we were there in 2010. Also, I was not aware of any enforcement of the rules against hoarding loungers and floats when we were there last time -- I believe this is a very recent development.

Have a wonderful trip!

Boston
Level Contributor
224 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

thank you! I also read somewhere about iced coffees in the afternoon! Looking forward to the trip!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Where do you get the afternoon crepes?

Mark

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Mark..... They serve the crepes at the theater, close to the Cafe Kafe bar. I believe it was around 4:00. They make them to order, so the line can get long. They were offering them last September when we there. I didn't mention it in my earlier response because I wasn't sure if they were still doing this.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 19:56
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Hi, Mark - We were at ERC last week, and they had the crepes station set up right at the Cafe Kafe...and, they were doing the frozen flavored coffees there, too.

Unfortunately for me, the self-serve ice cream machine wasn't working the whole time we were there! :-(

(We had a fabulous time~~I didn't really NEED the ice cream, LOL!!!)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Thanks, Sounds interesting.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,784 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

They are also looking to open a Flavour Market at ERC as the ones at EPM & EPC are very popular

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

I love the Flavour Market at EPM. Going to ERC for the first time. Do you know when the Flavour Market is due to open?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3rd return trip to ERC-anything new?

Word has it that they're putting a stripper pole in Alegria. Given the 45 year average of the ERC guests, this may not necessarily be an improvement.