We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain!!

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rain!!

Hello!! Going on a girls trip with me & my mom may 15-18 staying at Now Sapphire! First time going to Mexico! Very excited! A lil worried about the weather, it says 40% chance of rain pretty much every day.. Has anyone stayed at this resort? And what if it rains? Also I've been snorkeling in grand Cayman Islands, and key west.. How's the snorkeling here? Since I think that's the only thing other than relaxing by the ocean/pool we are going to do!! Thank you so much!! (Counting down the days!)

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain!!

Relax..First of all 40% means that the chance of rain is less than the chance of no rain. Forecast anywhere in the tropics are almost always going to say 30-40% chance of rain even when we go months without rain.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain!!

The best snorkeling in the world is in Puerto morelos. Do some research!

Selby North Yorks
Level Contributor
259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain!!

i agree with frank

to be honest even if it does rain it doesn't matter its still warm :) and bear in mind you will probably be in you swim gear heading for the water!!!! and don't forget your skin is Waterproof :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain!!

Wrong Chief, one of the best snorkeling spots in the world is the Bimini Islands Bahamas.but my personal favorite is Salt Cay in Turks and Caicos. As you say, do some research.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain!!

Been here for 8 days and it has been perfect

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,670 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain!!

How does a couple of thunderstorms for few of the days mean RAIN. Someone is a little stressed

This is the tropics

Just returned after 3 weeks

One rainstorm and a few sprinkels

United States
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain!!

During the rainy season any tropical place will give you those kind of forecasts and many will say rain every single day. Don't let that worry you at all!! When it rains in tropical places like this it is usually a sun shower for a few minutes and the sun comes right out and drys everything up. Many times it rains every night during the middle of the night. I've been to Mexico twice and both were during summer months and the forecast always predicted rain everyday and it never really ruined our trips. There was only one day that it rained most of the day and even then the day was still fun.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,187 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain!!

best snorkeling in Mexico, perhaps but doubtful....but best in the world? I don't think so. :)

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain!!

Ha! Thank you guys! Your making me feel a lil bit better!!

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
829 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain!!

I don't know what your forecast predicts for today, but here is the current scene in downtown Puerto Morelos...sunny, warm, a few clouds and a nice steady wind...

http://CasaToucan.com/webcam.html