We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets silversands lunch dress code

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Secrets silversands lunch dress code

Hey guys, I want to know how strict are they with dress code at oceana and seaside for lunch? I'm hoping i can wear a sleeveless shirt and shorts. I would like to know if females have to cover up as well for lunch or we can go from pool to food. Thanks

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

There is no dress code as such at lunchtime, just DRY swimwear and a cover up (for the guys, a T shirt with your swim trunks is fine unless you're a Speedo wearer, in which case you might want more modest shorts as well).

If that's too much effort, then there's always the Barefoot Grill which serves burgers, hot dogs and chicken. There are tables right there or you can grab a plate and go back to where ever you're camped out. Absolutely no dress code there at all - bathing suits (even the dripping wet variety) are perfectly ok.

Omaha
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

Actually there is a dress code for the restaurants at lunch - no sleeveless shirts. This applies to breakfast at the buffet as well. They will turn you away, we know from experience. :( Now my husband just does not even pack sleeveless shirts.

Ladies have to wear a cover up in the restaurants. You can just wear your suit if you eat food from the poolside grill where they have burgers, chicken, chips. You can take the food to your chair and eat as you are.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 18:28
Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

As far as the World Café breakfast buffet, when we were at the SSS in early March of 2013, Men wearing tank tops were the norm..If there was a policy of men having a sleeved shirt, I was not aware of it, or it wasn't enforced..May have changed since then..

Omaha
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

Really? Hmm, well maybe my husband can try it this year when we go in Sept. It makes him mad when places won't let him wear a sleeveless shirt, yet us women can wear next to nothing and it is ok.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

The difference is women typically shave under their arms and men do not...

6. Re: Secrets silversands lunch dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16