We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcarat from ERC?

toronto
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Topic
Xcarat from ERC?

Doing my research on Puerto Morales and thinking of staying at ERC for around a week (husband and I). We would really like to spend a day (or a few hours) at Xcarat, but to know a few things. Their website lists ticket price for around $143/pp with transportation and lunch. Will it be cheaper/expensive if booked through the resort? Is there a good, local tour company/guide who can take us there from ERC for the lower price, or we're better off with taking a cab from the resort to Xcarat and back and do it on our own? What's the general cab fare from ERC to Xcarat? Do they charge a different admission at the gates (some places do)?

We would also see some Mayan ruins. Please recommend a guide or a company who can give us a more personal tour. We want to experience Mexico as much as we can do in a few days and we want someone who lives there to show us the ruins :) Thanks! There will be more questions in the near future!

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

Don't know if it id still cheaper after 3 to get in.

Gives you plenty of time to look around and see the evening show.

You can also go by bus or taxi to Playa del Carmen and spent some time there before you go to X-Caret.

toronto
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

Oh yes, the bus! I hear it's cheap and safe. We like taking public transportation wherever we go (with safety in mind)!

With the size of Xcaret, I think we'd better go in the morning and make it a full day. Then take another day for Playa Del Carmen and 2 more for the ruins and other sights (will try to squeeze one more city or the island). That will still leave us with 3 full days to either just relax and/or explore some more!

I can't believe I haven't looked into Puerto Morelos before...the location is such a perfect base to see Mexico! I am SO excited!!!

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

Sounds great, we always do it also on our own.

No guided tours for us.

A day to Isla Mujeres is also very nice.

Little Island where you can drive around in a little golf cart.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

For the ruins, I highly recommend a private tour with Canada Transfers. New, air conditioned vehicle, knowledgable driver who spoke excellent English, we went to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam ruins, swam in Ik Kil cenote, and had lunch in Valladolid - it was a really fun and interesting day.

toronto
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

Thanks for the Canada Transfers recommendation, emmaedwards69. Will definitely check their website out. You saw all those in one day? How long did the tour last (pick up - drop off)?

JojoBreda, how do we get to Isla Mujeres from the resort?

Edited: 09 June 2014, 21:13
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

Take the ferry from Puerto Juarez in Cancun

7. Re: Xcarat from ERC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos