We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for MEN at SSS

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code for MEN at SSS

We've been to 3 other Secrets resorts and I thought I remembered men could wear dress shorts to the OUTDOOR restaurants at night. Secrets website says long pants. Searching through old posts I saw someone a while ago said nice shorts were OK at the 2 outdoor restaurants. Can anyone comment who has been lately? Thanks!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,802 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for MEN at SSS

I was there in October of last year and men were definitely wearing shorts in the evening at Oceana and Seaside Grill.

Whether or not they've changed the dress code since then or they were just being lax about it, I have no idea. The current official dress code, as taken from their website is:

"Dinner: Casual Elegance. Sneakers, tennis shoes or dress sandals (no flip-flops). Dress shirts with sleeves. Long pants required for men. No sleeveless shirts for men"

Sorry, that's probably not much help; I think this is going to be a "wait and see when you get there" kinda situation.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for MEN at SSS

My stay was prior to Llisa 's...But in early March of 2013, I was allowed to wear dress short's ( mine were golf lightweight type) at the outdoor restaurants for evening meals..

Definitely no beach wear...I nice sleeved polo, deck shoes, seemed to be the norm..

As Llisa mentioned, the enforcement or change of the policy, might have changed..

You might ask a recent reviewer the question..Check the review, look towards the bottom of the review, there is a place to ask questions..

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for MEN at SSS

Thank you for the responses. Hopefully nice shorts are still OK. Its nice to have a night or 2 when you can be a little more casual!

Edited: 09 June 2014, 20:16
4. Re: Dress code for MEN at SSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16