We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Topic
What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

We've stayed in Cancun and Playa del Carmen several times. Looking to try something new. We really like the all-inclusive hotels, but also like to spend some time in town. Hoping to find something that is walking distance or a short cab ride. Thanks.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Dreams is the closest, walking distance along the beach to town about 20 mins. Of course there are houses and condos in town to rent where you will be right amongst us!

best

cat

casa caribe bed and breakfast

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

We have rented condos in PM a few times and absolutely loved it and will be back soon.It is a fantastic layed back town..Love it more every visit. We went to a wedding at the AI at

Now Jade in May and took a cab to PM for 100 pesos. Cat you are wealth of info..Thanks

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Technically speaking, Desire Pearl Resort & Spa is the closest, being only 1/3 mile from the north end of town. However, you would not want to bring kids there; nor would you want to bring their Sunday School teachers.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Cat, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Bill, I do get a little crazy on vacation, but not quite ready to let it all hang out. So to speak.

Cordova, M
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

While this doesn't answer your question for the closest, we stayed at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa near there last year and would recommend it to anyone.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

The Iberostar resort at Playa Paraiso beach is a great all-inclusive resort (5 hotels to choose from)...its about a 20 minute drive from Puerto Morelos...

new jersey
Level Contributor
345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Dreams, Excellence Riviera Cancun, Now Sapphire, and Ocean Coral & Turquesa are all next to each other (listed in order from South to North) and they share the same access road from the highway.

This link might be helpful (map and aerial views):

http://www.puertomorelos.com/tour/

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Hotel locator link

www.cancunmap.com/puerto-morelos-hotels.html

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Really? Desire Pearl is only 1/3 of a mile from the north end of town? I just stayed there last week, and we walked into town three times, at a good clip. I'd say it took about 15-20 minutes each way, and I KNOW I walk faster than one mile per hour...... We figured it was a mile or maybe a little more, each way.

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the closest all-inclusive to PM?

Yes. the distance from the center of Desire Pearl to the north edge of town is 0.39 mile (2050 feet). The town square, where most of the restaurants are, is 3/4 mile farther from DP than the north edge of town is.