We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Red Oak, Texas...
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Hello! I was wondering if either of these resorts have decent snorkeling straight from the beach....as in can we walk/swim from the resort and see great stuff or do we have to get an excursion?

The reason I ask is because we are HAPPY members of the UVC and went to Dreams PA and had amazing snorkeling right off the resort beach. We are taking a group of teenage girls for a girls trip and I know that NOW is more geared for their age rather than dreams is, but they want to snorkel (without spending the extra money on excursions), so I'm trying to see if we want to go to a NOW resort (jade or sapphire) or if we want to just go back to Dreams PA.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Why not call UVC?

WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Probably go back to Dreams. The reef is near to NOW, but to see much you'll need to take a boat about 200 yds out

Edited: 16 June 2014, 05:38
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,999 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Dunno about the Jade but I know that the Sapphire does NOT have snorkelling off the beach. You can, however, pick up an excursion at the beach that will take you out to the reef to snorkel. You can get the same excursion for a few bucks cheaper in Puerto Morelos but this will save you the walk.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

We were at the Now Jade in April and it was easy to snorkel from the beach, either directly in front of the hotel or just to the south, where it's completely undeveloped.

Overall, this is one of the best AI's we have ever stayed at, absolutely no complaints or issues.

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

There is no real snorkeling at now sapphire, I don't know about the jade. Just rent a car and head down to akumal it's decent just off the beach. Although if you do stay at the sapphire, make sure you get preferred and sit at the preferred pool all day! The beach was crowded with kids as the main pool but the preferred rocks

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
997 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

Not much to see underwater at Jade beach.

7. Re: Now Sapphire vs Now Jade question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:17