We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erc dress code

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Erc dress code

We are arriving on 9th july and I am wondering what the dress code is for night. We are aware of the dress code for the restaurants long pants collared shirts etc... but we are wondering if men tend to get changed into something else more comfortable after evening meals, ie smart shorts and t shirts or do they tend to just stick with the clothes worn for the restaurants?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,441 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Erc dress code

Hi

There are infact two dress codes - one for the indoor restaurants and one for the outdoor ones and in the case of the latter men can wear shorts if they wish to

We are here just now and some men wear long trousers / pants all evening

To us the heat is not over bearting

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Erc dress code

Hi flip thanks for your reply,

Do many people get changed into shorts after dining for the rest of the evening for drinks or not?

Chicago
Level Contributor
692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Erc dress code

Hi. My husband changes into nice shorts after dinner at one of the inside restaurants, then it's on to drinks and enjoying the rest of the evening.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Erc dress code

Thats great thanks really appreciate it, is it mainly collared shirts for drinks or do people change into more casual dreas such as t shirts?

First time at erc and need to pack the right things!

essex
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Erc dress code

My husband changes after dinner for drinks if it's too hot or uncomfortable from eating too much!!

Waynesboro, PA
Level Contributor
275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Erc dress code

Same here, if it is very hot and humid out, I go back to the room and put on a nice pair of shorts and then party on!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Erc dress code

I would say mostly collared shirts, but a nicer non-collared would be OK. I just wouldn't go much more casual than that. Like I tell my husband no shirts with writing, please. :)

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Erc dress code

KevW, Long pants are required at the ala carte restaurants, a few ago I bought 3 pairs of poplin trousers, just like the pro golfers use, they are very lightweight "poplin cotton", they don't stick to the skin, and very little wrinkling, wouldn't wear any other kind of trousers when visiting the Caribbean. One more thing, men can wear neat lightweight cotton crew neck shirts at the ala cartes, have done that many times, and I also bring three men's silk shirts, which are also very lightweight, don't stick to the skin, and also very little wrinkling. A small investment of poplin trousers, and silk shirts will last for years, as long as you don't put on too much weight, lol. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Chicago
Level Contributor
692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Erc dress code

To clarify, long pants are only required at the indoor restaurants. Shorts are indeed allowed at Agave, The Grill, Lobster House, and Oregeno.

Waynesboro, PA
Level Contributor
275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Erc dress code

CV724 that is 100% correct!