We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

WV
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

Would be happy to answer questions; hope to post a review and a few pics this weekend.

Abington...
Level Contributor
614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

Does it cool down at nite or still hot and sticky

WV
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

Hot and sticky, but the terrace off reception is breezy and wonderful!

dallas
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

i am leaving in a week. Do you know how much they charge for Privelige, and is it worth it?

any tips?

Winnipeg MB
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

Also can you let me know the cost to go into Playa del Carmen and Cancun. And how far??

WV
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

We did not do Privilege and it would not have been worth it for us. I believe it is in the 60 USDper night range.

Cost of taxis is high. Twenty five per person to Playa del Carmen each way. Cancun is about the same.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,553 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

I think there are shuttles to both Cancun and Playa, but I don't know the details. Both are intended for shopping excursions. Perhaps someone has been on one or either of them.

We did book Privilege, and were very happy that we had made that choice. We traveled during Spring Break time-so the resort was busy. Making dinner reservations was very nice. We loved the Privilege Lounge-and eating a sit down menu meal for breakfast outside watching the ocean was a great way to start a morning. I felt as though the Privilege Lounge allowed us to forget we were at a resort and just chill in the quiet for a while. Yes, it is pricey-but no more for us than we generally would spend at an upper level all-inclusive. That sounds very snobby...and it is certainly not intended to at all-but for us it was worth the $$.

WV
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

Laura is correct there is a shopping shuttle to Cancun twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. It is free, but goes to specific shopping places. The trip to Playa is arranged by the bell service and costs 25pp round trip.

dallas
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

was that 60 dollars per day per person? how much did you pay exactly for 2?

9. Re: Back from Ocean Coral and Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16