We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC: questions on what to pack

f f
Houston, Texas
10 posts
Save Topic
ERC: questions on what to pack

This is our first trip to ERC and not sure on what all I need to pack... I am packing a few swim suits, cover ups, and dresses for dinner. Debating on taking heels or not. For those of you who packed heels, did you wear them? Or should I just stick with wedges, pretty flats, and flip flops? Also, how cold is it inside the buildings? Will I need to pack a cardigan to wear at dinner or while enjoying drinks inside?!?!? Also, do most of the men change after dinner into more comfortable clothes ( like changing into shorts and short sleeved shirts instead of wearing long sleeved shirt and pants)?

TIA! I just want to make sure don't under pack, or over pack! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

Women do wear heels but I dont recommend them. the lobby and martini bar area and restaurant areas are marble floors and you are just much better off with wedges and flats.

never cold anywhere.

my hubbs never bothers to change after dinner. just toughs it out in his pants. you will see some men in shorts here and there. also he can wear shorts on the nights they have theme dinners outside. So he should have at least one pair with him.

what month are you going?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

I wear flats or wedges because that is what I am most comfortable in. If you are comfortable standing and walking in heels for longer periods of time then you would probably be fine. You will see a variety of clothing choices. Just wear what you like and feels best to you, within the dress code for restaurants of course, and you will fit in fine.

f f
Houston, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

Thanks! We will be there in a few weeks! Yay!

I may just skip out on packing heels... Don't want to bust my butt on the marble floors... Since it's pretty humid in July!

Edited: 23 June 2014, 18:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

yeah i would skip them.. oh and in july you def wont need a sweater! i mean i usually have something i wear on the plane. i try and bring something that in case i really needed it i could throw on my shoulders over a dress.

been to mexico like 20 times all different months and i dont think i ever wore a sweater!

men wear short sleeves mostly with their pants.

i usually bring more bathing suits then i need. sometimes i change before lunch if i am wet. i hate going to lunch in a wet suit.

personally i bring 1 dress for each night plus 1 extra so i sorta have choices! haha

i bring about 3 or 4 shoes. 2 flip flops.

oh and 1 or 2 comfty hanging out in the room and balcony outfits.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

I agrees with Maria. You do not need many "hanging out" clothes. The first couple of years I WAY overpacked on middle of the day clothes. I now pack more bathing suits and cover ups since that's what I spend the day in. I will be packing tomorrow!!! ERC here we come. :)

f f
Houston, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

How do I find out which nights are the themed dinners outside? We are staying Saturday to Saturday.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

I agree with Maria on the bathing suit things. Typically I will wear one in the morning, change into a dry one before we go to lunch and then wear that one the remainder of the day. I really don't like sitting in a wet bathing suit. I bring more cover up dresses so that I can wear those for breakfast and as cover ups. I only bring 1 pair of actual shorts and typically that's the 1 thing I never needed.

No sweater needed in summer.

Bring lots of sunscreen. It will be expensive to buy at ERC.

Chicago
Level Contributor
692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

Also, men can wear dressy shorts to all of the outdoor restaurants, Agave, Lobster House, The Grill, and Oregano. Long-sleeved shirts aren't a requirement in any restaurant--nice short-sleeved shirts are welcome everywhere. And my husband does change after dinner into nice shorts--shirt stays the same--when we eat at an indoor restaurant. I don't blame him when it's really hot and humid.

I agree on leaving the heels at home. Cute wedges and flats do the trick. If you like to walk around at night before and after dinner like we do, you'll really appreciate not wearing heels.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:07
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

yeah sometimes if we got back to room for hubbs to change i put on flipflops! even the wedges can get uncomfortable. we find ourselves walking around quite a lot in the evenings. from bar to bar, to theater, to xlounge to just strolling and talking.... sometimes we go to lobby to relax in the quiet. <3 thats what I love about Excellence. So many places to hang out.

i love maxi dresses with flip flops. still looks dressy and people barely notice your feet! plus it covers up my legs from the mosquitos!

f f
Houston, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ERC: questions on what to pack

Thanks everyone! So, how bad are the mosquitoes?!?!? I normally get attacked by them here and swell up pretty bad, guess I need to bring extra bug spray too!!!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos