We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best room information

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best room information

My husband and I were thinking of booking here next May. I would like to know if anyone knew of the best rooms nearest the ocean. Any info on this resort would be appreciated. We have never been to this part of Mexico so we are unfamiliar. We are looking for a resort with fun large pools, a great beach and an ocean front room. Thanks so much. Laura

Kansas City Mo
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best room information

We stayed here last year and I was expected the water to be turquoise like in the pictures they showed of the resort. They weren't . They water was dark in color and had quite a bit of sea grass. We booked Catalonia Privileged Maroma this year specifically because every one says the beach is beautiful and turquoise in color.

United States
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best room information

Laura which resort are you considering? You didn't mention the resort name in your post?

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best room information

I would read the reviews on this site. There is a wealth of information to help guide you.

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best room information

We are looking at Ocean Coral & Ocean Turquesa. Not sure yet, just started to look.do you have any suggestions for me? An earlier post said the water at this resort is not a turquoise blue color....now I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated. Laura

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best room information

Sometimes it depends on when you are going and also if there has been a storm before you get there! We've been to this area a dozen times and maybe once the water wasn't as nice. Different resorts have different beaches and the water can vary along all the resort areas. I would search pictures that reviewers have posted of the resorts you are interested in to see the conditions of the water. Maroma beach is beautiful, but there are several resorts (and Condo's) around Puerto Morelos that have beautiful beaches too! Isla Mujeres has beautiful beaches and crystal clear turquoise water too!

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best room information

Ok. Thanks so much for all your help.

United States
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best room information

While I absolutely LOVED my time at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa, I was a little unhappy with the water in the ocean there and how much trash/debris was actually floating around in the water. Again, not the fault of the resort, they can't help the conditions of the ocean at that particular spot.. it's nature and you can't fault them for that, nor do I fault them for the trash/debris like plastic and food wrappers in the water as that could have floated in from anyplace, anyother resort down the way or even from a distance, I would prefer on my next trip to Mexico to stay on the island of Isla Mujeres or at a Condo rental right in Puerto Morelos as I loved both areas so much and fell in love with both spots and would prefer to be right in the middle of either Isla or Puerto Morelos.

If I got the kind of deal I did again on the Ocean Coral & Turquesa I would probably still go back, but I would know ahead of time to budget more spending money in my trip to take Taxis directly into Puerto Morelos for several day trips and to do the same for Isla Mujeres.

I think the Service and quality of the food/rooms/personal service I received at OCT were outstanding and we did not book Privilege either. The fact that waitress/beach service was available for drinks on the beach for everyone was pretty awesome. I have stayed at a few other All inclusive resorts and have never had that luxury of having a waitress come around to the beach area taking drink orders and bringing them back to you. Nor have I ever stayed at an All inclusive that had free room service as well.

For those that are in the US and book with companies like Apple vacations and Cheapcaribbean we used Cheapcaribbean this time and our deal to OCT was outstanding. We saved like $600 per person for the 7 night trip by booking through cheapcaribbean instead of Apple vacations. I kept comparing their prices for the exact same dates for the week we went and I couldn't believe the difference in price. This was the one time I didn't use Apple and I was very very pleased with the deal we got for the time frame we were there.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,544 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best room information

There's a thread already running on this resort, right above yours right now. I gave a lot of info so it would be easier to read that thread than repeat it all again.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g240327-i395-k7602…

Edited: 08 July 2014, 22:24
9. Re: Best room information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:17