We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

We are looking for a resort in November, it will be for my husband, myself our 7 and 9 year old. I would like a resort we can relax at with lots of activities for the kids. Marina el CID is quite a bit less in price. I would appreciate any information about the activities for kids as well as your opinion on which resort would be best.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

I have not been to Dreams but have been to OCT and El Cid with children. We had a blast at both and I would return to both. My kids would tell you El Cid but they would return to both. I consider them very similar from a food, service and room perspective. We did like the layout and activities better at El Cid. We had one bedroom suites at both which was perfect for a family of 4. I think you could be very happy at either.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

We just returned from El Cids, I have 3 girls ages 4-10, they all loved the main pool area, the activities crew were awesome and my two youngest really liked the kids club.

However the beach isn't great, sand is fine but lots of seaweed and rocks in the water so the girls wouldn't go too far out.

Also the food isn't amazing, but if you don't mind that it is a nice resort with good service.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

Just returned from Dreams with a 10yr old. They have lots activities for kids during the day in the pool area and usually had a movie on the beach or some type of entertainment at night like a magic or comedy show. My son loved it all. The food was excellent for adults as well as kids. The service at this resort is top notch. Best resort we have ever been to. Would definitely recommend Dreams to anyone.

4. Re: Ocean Coral or Marina El Cid or dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 05:15