We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I´m currently at ERC.

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lorton, VA
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I´m currently at ERC.

For all who have been curious or concerned about the management switch, let me assure you, you have ABSOLUTELY have nothing to worry about. I am currently at ERC in the EXCELLENCE club and the food, service, rooms, amenities are top notch. I have asked severly employees here about the new management and all they can say is that things have gotten better.

If you have any questions about the resort let me know and I can answer them or find out the anwer for you while I am here at the hotel. I will have a complete trip report when I come back, but anyone who is worried about the new management, you have nothing to worry about so sleep well tonight.

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Thanks for that it is very reassuring especially after reading the recent trip report. We arrive next Sunday for two weeks and can't wait. Could you tell me are there any tennis clinics as I am wondering whether to bring my gear. The weather looks pretty cloudy at the moment, is it as bad as it looks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
794 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Glad to hear that everything is going so great. Quite sure you are having a wonderful time. Is Amable and Gimer still working at the Excellence Club pool bar? They were wonderful when we were there in January. Gimer may have moved elsewhere in the resort. He had started working inside the Excellence Club Lounge in the mornings and was quite pleased about it. He said that it was a step up for him. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Ontario
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Well were so glad to hear your report. We arrive next saturday and can't wait. The last review had us a bit apprehensive as well.

Thanks you just made our day.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Hi Stamina

Thanks for your report, sounds fab, we go on december 5th and can't wait, must say the recent review didn't worry me too much, if all he can complain about is pillow types I don't care too much, the review didn't seem to have any real facts. such as food was awful etc.. Stamina can't wait to read your review, enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Lorton, VA
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Yes guys the resort is fantastic. I am here on my honeymoon and I suprised my wife. She really wanted to go to hawaii but after being on the property for less than 2hrs she was completely sold. The resort is spectacular.

Stuart18- yes they are tennis courts and free lessons. I do suggest that you bring your rackets, there is so much fine eating and drinking to do, you must have some activity to work off some of the weight you will put on here. Also the whether is great. Yes we are in the tropics so you will get an occasional 20min thunderstorm, but it will be gone and the sun will be out. By the way Stuart, I have met more people here from the UK than any other country. Even the states. I don´t know if this is a bad thing or a good thing for you.

Beloro- I have not come across Amable and Gimer as of yet, but I will keep an eye out for them.

I wouldn´t really call these things CONS or negatives, but two things my wife and I kind of sighed about, was that all of the hottubs around the resort were not hot, they were just pool temp. The jets worked great ,maybe someone didn´t turn on the heat. The other was the moldy smell in the room that others have mentioned on this site. Right now the resort is about 50% full. I suspect we got a room that hadn´t been occupied in quite some time therefore the AC wasn´t in use. However we immediately mentioned this and we moved into another room without any hassle. The room smells great.

A funny story. In the excellence club you have a liquor dispenser in your room. When we got into our room with the assistance of the bellhop, I saw it and mentioned to my wife how fantastic this was but they didn´t have Barcadi in the room. They did have and I quote, Abosolute Vodka, Jonny Walker Black Label, Beefeater Dry Gin, and Jose Quervo Tequila, all top shelf , sealed and never opened. Anyways I guess the bell hop overheard me mention this to my wife and twenty minutes later, there was a knock at our door and it was the bellhop with the Barcadi. I almost cried.

This all I have for now, I am about to head for the pool. Adios

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Stamina-Did you try the hottubs around the spa? These were hot when we were there last year. The spa tubs connected to the pools are pool temperature. Also try out the pool that you can swim into the back of the spa. they have bubble beds and swan jets for a great relaxing end of the day. Tell me more about the Lobster House menu? Did they build a bar on the beach yet? I am curious about the lunch menu at the restaurant by the main pool. They used to have ala carte menu with shrimp cocktails but then changed to buffet. Is is buffet or ala carte now?

Denton, North...
Level Contributor
695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

You have been reading our minds, we are hungry or this kind of info! Also very jealous of you right now, I am soooo green! Enjoy ahve a great time. Counting my days!

Wales-GB
Level Contributor
232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Updated menus for all or any restaurants would be great! so glad you are enjoying yourselves, staying for our weddingmoon in may! cant wait now!

Lorton, VA
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Wow, it will be kind of tough for me to update menu for all of these fine restaurants on the property, however I can say that their service, the food and the food´s presentation has been top notch. Each restaurant has its own menu consisting of several meals, apps, soups and salads, I believe only the deserts are the same. I say I belive because I have only had dessert once in one restaurant. I was to full to order dessert at the other restaurant.

But for example, at the french resturant, I had a rack of lamb( cooked to perfection) at the Italian restaurant I had spinach stuffed chicken breast. Today for lunch, I am going to the grill for a T-bone steak (no poterhouse on the menu unfortunately they did have filet migon and NY Strip) and for dinner 2 night we are going to the Asia restaurant.

Folks believe you me, before I came here, I was just like you guys spending 22 hrs of my day checking tripadvisors for the latest on this hotel. I was praying for good reviews just to ease my concern of wether or not I selected the right hotel for my honeymoon. You HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. The folks who complain about this hotel would be the same folks who would probably complain that heaven is to white, if they got there. They have been little itsy bitsy things like not restocking my sprite in my fridge that I used the night before with the rum in my in room liqour dispenser; and like I mentioned earlier that hot tubs around the property aren´t hot, but those are 2 things out of a hundred. Unless something drastic happens to me like the hotel runs out of liquor, this hotel will get a 5 from me.

I kid you not, think of it this way, You are recieving service and attention of the level of a Ritz Carlton or a Four season, there is nothing they will not do to make you more comfortable. Secondly, the food is that of a first class resaturant. As a matter of fact I was just offered a refill on my wine as I type this. So don´t blame me but the liquor for any typos.

I don´t know if anything will change, but I will say this, the hotel for the most part during my stay has been aroung 50% . In the upcoming months, it will obviously get more crowded. Will this affect the service and ammenties maybe, but I believe that staff will be working at their hardest to make sure that doesn´t happen.

Finally Shellgirl, I did meet the two folks you mention earlier. They are great.

So folks relax the new management, service, food, drinks , property are all SPECTACULAR.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I´m currently at ERC.

Hi Stamina,

How's the weather been since you've been there?? From satelite images it looks like it's pretty overcast and rainy. Please tell me it's been sunny and beautiful and i'll quit checking the weather forecasts. LOL We'll be there next week and i'm praying for nice weather. If you should hear or see any forecasts for next week (5th - 12th) that would be great. Thanks and have a great time while your there!!

Sandy