We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDR - Restauarnts

MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
EDR - Restauarnts

My family and are I (six total) are going to EDR for a post-Christmas vacation and are in the process of making dinner reservations for the first few days of our trip.

During the course of my email correspondence with EDR, I was informed that at some of the restaurants such as JoJo's and Kampai we would be unable to sit together.

I do have an email into them right now asking about pushing tables together, however, I was wondering if anyone could provide any insights as to why a group of six can not be seated together or tips as to whom to contact to make sure that we don't end up eating at the same two restaurants all week because we actually want to sit together.

Thanks much!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

EDR is mostly a "couples place" but when we were there we did see groups of four sitting together in all of the restaurants. We also saw larger groups, mostly wedding/birthday functions sitting together in Cocotal.

Personally, I cannot see any reason why they should not move two tables together in the Kampai and Jo Jo's are they are certainly moveable and it would not spoil the overall look or flow of the restaurant.

Which Suites type have you opted for?

If you are staying in a Casita I would e_mail Paula the Casita Manager:

pnegrete@eldorado-resort.com.mx

Or, if you are staying in the main part of the Resort I would e_mail Marlene Matos who is the PA to the GM:

gerenciadroyale@eldorado-resort.com.mx

Good luck and let us know how you get on

MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Thanks for the information - I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding my request to push tables together and I plan on contacting the manager if they state pushing tables cannot be done.

I was aware this is a "couples resort", and that was one of the big draws as we like the adults only atmosphere. I just think it's silly they can't seat 6 together at some of their restaurants and find it hard to believe that we are the first group of 3 couples to go on vacation together that would like to eat together at Kampai or JoJo's.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Totally agree - I am sure it will be resolved.

Both restaurant are great - we loved the Kampai.

It was very close to our suite and please be aware that it is also open for breakfast and lunch

MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Looks like I will be contacting a manager or someone else higher up - just got an email stating that it was only possible to have 6 eat together at Fuentes or Cocotal.

Not good, and kind of sad something like this has to be an issue.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Out of interest which suite type have you booked?

They are being silly as six people eating together will actually take up less room than three couples each sitting at their own tables

As I have said previously I am sure this will be resolved but it is very sad that you have to go through this farce first of all.

MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

We are not in the Casitas - we booked late so I believe all we could get was three gardenviews for the week after Christmas.

I just fired off an email to Ms. Matos - we'll see how that goes.

Canada
Level Contributor
884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

Keep working at it...

It was our experience that when we were told no to something, or quoted a price on something, there was always room to negeotiate...even when they originally had said no... Keep going higher, until you find someone who will accomodate...

My gut feeling is that you'll get what you want, just be persistent!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

We are also going to EDR the week between Christmas and New Years with our adult children and their spouses. There will be six of us also. We are Exotic Travel Club members, so I have made all of our dinner reservations for the week for 6 people. I have not heard anything from the travel club that they can not accommodate our request for 6 people. I will also be contacting the resort to make sure that this will not be an issue.

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

The reasoning behind this is if you have been there before you can see those restaurants are very small in size.

Cocotel is a decent size place so it would be pretty easy to accomidate you in this restaurant.

But the Italian Mexican Kampai and the Melting Pot place are all very small restuarants and i CAN understand why they can't put you guys together.

"pushing" tables together isnt something you can do when there is only 20 tables or so like the Itailian place.Plus it just isnt something you do in gormet restaurants.And it slows down the service when you have 1 table with 6-8 people all at the same time. Instead of staggering them every 10-15 minutes so the service goes smoother and faster.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EDR - Restauarnts

MN Beach Bum:

I just sent an e-mail to my contact person at EDR regarding this. I'll let you know what I find out. Please let me know what kind of a response you get. After mentioning this issue to my husband, he reminded me of a party of 8 sitting next to us a Jo Jos the last time we were there. I'm sure that it will work out fine when we get there.