We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

nova scotia canada
6 posts
Save Topic
barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

hi, we are leaving for the barcelo maya beach in 10 days....wondering if anyone could tell us which building is best and closest to the pools??? any sugestions would be nice....thanks

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

HI atlanticprov....we too, as a family with teens, are going on 2/15-2/20 and are wondering the same thing. I am concerned over being on ground level as opposed to the levels up, but having a ground level close to the pools (Coba building?) sounds nice. Also, looks as if building 5 would be a bit more noisy being near the disco. Would love a sea view!

nova scotia canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

hi odie12...we have teens also but they are not coming with us this year. we are there from feb 13 - 20....cant wait. Is the coba building what people r refering as buiding 3 ?

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

Hi atlanticprov.....I was just on a website that has more data on it for the BM resort : www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com and there are suggestions to stay on the 3rd floor and in rooms ending with 1-12, not sure what buildings though. (ljhickey@insightbb.com)

nova scotia canada
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

hi odie12...great....iam gonna check out that site now. .Have fun on your vavcation and u never know maybe we'll run into each other down there.

Iowa
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

Go to the unofficial website and print a resort map ! I just requested closest available room the the pools and beach ! We will see what I get ! Guess if you do not like the location you can ask for another room ! I really just want it quiet at night ! One year I was near the disco ~ I did not like it at all !

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

Thank you for that information about the map; I will check it out and I did also see that someone on that other site said to put in requests about a week in advance and not to be too particular about certain room numbers etc. Can't wait for that mango drink and maybe the Mudslide! Yes...atlanticprov....it would be fun to meet up!

champaign
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

we stayed in the 2nd building from the south end, 3rd floor garden view. For $15 more per person per night, we got a partial ocean view in the 3rd building facing the pool and beach. They will have a sign on the front desk if they are offering that deal. We did that for the last 2 nights of our stay. The rooms are the same, but the ocean views are more noisy. Also, the farther north you go in the resort, the better everything gets...(food, bar service)

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

thanks country bumpkin! That info helps. Did you go to Xel Ha?

champaign
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

odie12

no, we have gone to Tulum, Coba, and the 4 wheeling tour. Also we always go one day to PDC. Cost from Barcelo is $16 each way by taxi that will hold 4 people. We'll be back in March staying at Aventura Spa with one of our sons and his girlfriend and will be doing the zipline tour.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: barcelo maya beach? best rooms??

What is PDC?