We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point 16 Big Sur

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sacramento, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Point 16 Big Sur

My fiancee and I are looking to get married at Point 16 South of Lucia Lodge, but I have been calling and calling and it is really hard to get a hold of Congressman Sam Farr. Does anyone have any idea about how much it cost for ceremony and reception and also what about just a reception? We are planning on having around 65 people! Thank you for any help you may have!!

-Jess

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Point 16 Big Sur

I found this blog by searching the exact phrase "point 16 big sur" oncewed.com/31905/…high_1

It refers to a caterer, cheri@bigsuraffair who is at http://www.abigsuraffair.com/

Also check http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/weddings.html

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
590 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Point 16 Big Sur

Oh my gosh! My husband and I got married at Point 16 in 2004! I'd be thrilled to help you with any advice you need and questions you have. We loved our wedding. Our caterer was Cheri Gladstone, who is the one witih the wesbite abigsuraffair.com. She booked the site for us. She was sort of the liaison between us and Sam Farr. She is also a terrific caterer; we were very happy with her.

The site fee for Point 16 in 2004 was $2,220. We had 100 people, but I don't think the number of people affects the site fee.

I know you said that it's hard to get ahold of the Farrs. Do you have a phone number for them? Or were you trying to reach them through Lucia Lodge? If you need contact info, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up in my files. Or if you want to book the site through Cheri, I highly recommend her.

Just let me know what else you need! I LOVEd my videographer and musicians as well. Congratulations on your engagement.

San Fran
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Point 16 Big Sur

Destination expert, please help! I'm unsure of how to contact a Point 16 representative and would love nothing more than to have my wedding there! I can't believe that you had your wedding there -- it must have been amazing:)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
590 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Point 16 Big Sur

Point 16 is owned by Congressman Sam Farr, but he does not really take care of the bookings himself. He works with Cheri Gladstone, an excellent caterer. Cheri's website is www.abigsuraffair.com. Her phone number is 831-667-1050. Email: info@abigsuraffair.com. So you can contact her and she will arrange to book the site for you. She is terrific to work with, and her food is delicious. Let me know if you have any other questions!

5. Re: Point 16 Big Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:33