We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Ranch Inn

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Post Ranch Inn

My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary with a two-night stay at Post Ranch Inn next May. Any recommendations or suggestions for first time guests?

We're thinking about staying our first night in the Upper Mountain House and the second night in a Tree House on the north end of the ridge. Another possibility would be an Upper Butterfly Room the first night and a Coast House the second night.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these accomodations, or about staying in a different room each night? (We thought it would be nice to experience two different types of rooms, and PRI will move our belongings to the second room for us.) Also, if you have a recommendation for a specific room to request, or not to request, we'd appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Ranch Inn

I just got married 2 weeks ago at the Post Ranch Inn. We had one of the Ocean Houses--its more money but totally worth it. Try to get a room on the north side of the property away from the construction. The entire place is laid out perfect. The landscaping is done to make everyone feel like they're the only people there--and they succeed with that.

We didn't get to see any of the other rooms, but I imagine the Ocean House is tops. I definatly suggest it for your second night.

2. Re: Post Ranch Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:23