We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Russian

Westland, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling to Russian

I am considering a trip to Russia, since I have been to many places I would like to visit there. However as an African American I have seen horrific news reports against people of African decent. Should I not make the trip? Is the prejudice that bad in Russia?

3 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Russian

PS You might consider posting into a more meaningful forum than Pushkinsky District.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 05:38
2. Re: Traveling to Russian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 11:48
Edited: 09 January 2014, 11:48
Ust-Kut, Russia
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Russian

Maybe 5-6 years ago there were some attitudes to black people and to Americans due to some political issues. Now its changed. There is one rule which works everywhere-be smily, kind and polite. Its better to hire some guide and spend money on taxis it will save time and nerves.

Reply to: Traveling to Russian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pushkinsky District