We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balaton lake - for party?

Postojna
Level Contributor
127 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Balaton lake - for party?

We are looking for a place to stay around Lake Balaton. We are looking for good party, with some evening christmas market, etc.

I know that balaton is better in summer for parties, but I think in December there should be something!

Can anyone recommend me where to go?

Thank you!

Bye

2 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balaton lake - for party?

Most of the posters on here know mainly Budapest - I am not aware of any local from the Balaton area who responds to posts.

Frankly I would not hold out too much hope - the Balaton more or less shuts down from mid October, restaurants and bars close for the winter.

My wife and I visited a tourist village near Sopron (not near the Balaton) in December a few years back, we found one small canteen open for lunch - and it was bitterly cold ! and I have vistited Balaton (Tihany) in January, the only place we found to eat was a place selling pancakes at the bus station.

And it you want a good Xmas market I suggest you head to Budapest.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balaton lake - for party?

Hi, i'm local and I think christmas markets can be found in bigger cities, like Siófok and such.. but i would rather suggest to check out vineyards, cause it is more entertaining in the wintertime :) something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1o9poh4-CM

Reply to: Balaton lake - for party?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Somogy County