We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Bohemia

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
South Bohemia

Hello again, While in Ceske Budejovice this May I'd like take a day trip to one of the surrounding towns. I will be staying in Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights but have one additional day at my leisure. In your opinion, which nearby town would you recommend that would give me the most cultural impact and the most WOW factor. I've considered either Telc, Trebon or Tabor which I'm sure are all worth the visit but welcome experienced opinions.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,096 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Bohemia

Jindrichuv Hradec is also worth considering

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jindrichuv_Hradec

all these towns are much of a muchness

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Bohemia

All of the four towns mentioned are fantastic, but I would recommend Trebon or Telc, with the final vote going to Trebon because it is closer to Ceske Budejovice than Telc. It has a pretty chateau with gardens, nice lakes to walk around, a beautiful square, a brewery founded in 1379 and the best fish restaurant in the country (Šupina). If you had an extra day, you could rent a car and visit all three towns and the quaint little water chateau of Cervena Lhota as well.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Bohemia

Yes, as stated above, go to Trebon! And be sure to eat in a local fish restaurant.

P.S. While in Ceske Budejovice (I was there last week), so eat at Life is Dream!

Edited: 06 February 2014, 20:40
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: South Bohemia

ok...looks like Trebon then! I looked into Jindrichuv Hradec and was hoping to squeeze that in as well. Thank you all for your input!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Bohemia

The buses between the towns in the region are frequent, quick and cheap (35 minutes from Trebon to JH for only 42 CZK and running several times an hour, for example). So if you get an early start, you can visit one town in the morning and another in the afternoon. You can check the schedules at:

www.idos.cz

You will love South Bohemia. Let us know when you get back how it turns out and what your impressions of the individual towns are.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Bohemia

while in/near CB you can squeeze in

http://www.zamek-hluboka.eu/en/

Hluboká Castle

the one and only original Budweiser brewery

without reservations-2pm tours in English

budejovickybudvar.cz/en/prohlidky/prohlidky-…

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: South Bohemia

Thank you for the advice. I think I'll enjoy South Bohemia more than the rest of the country. I'm very excited!

Reply to: South Bohemia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Bohemian Region