Hey Fellow Travelers,
I've always wanted to explore a quiet place tucked somewhere amidst snow-clad mountains and a river flowing by.
So, when a friend of mine said that she needs go on a week long trip to some chilled out place, Kasol came in as the undeniable option in my head.
We are 2 girls who will be travelling to Kasol from Mumbai somewhere in April end/May first week. We have a good 8-10 days in our hands and we intend to keep this one a budget trip (considering this very impromptu). I guess we have around 10k at our disposal and we are going to travel by trains/buses throughout the trip.
Neither have us traveled up north (beyond Delhi), so I have a few questions out here. Would be great if you guys could help me out.
1) What are the places one can visit/trek to in and around Kasol - considering we have time at our disposal?
2) Is the budget going to be a problem for us? Will we need to cut short our trip by a few days?
3) Any suggestions for cheap accommodations in Kasol? Should we stay there for all the days or should we shift our base to some place else after a couple of days?
4) Is the trip safe for 2 girls travelling on their own?
5) What would the weather be like around this time of the year?
It'd be very helpful if you guys could share an itinerary with us.
Thanks a ton.