We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?

Hello again guys - now I've got my next question;

I've read about Laghetti di Cava Grande and it seems to be wonderful place to visit. But based on the information I've read it's not so simple to get there with small kids..?

If we take SP4 road from Avola and drive up until it's impossible to continue by car, is there something to see or do we miss everything? Of course we can walk and trek little bit with our 2 and 4 years old kids but not so much...

Thanks a lot again!

3 replies to this topic
modica
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?

Technically it's closed - there was an artcile in the paper about trying to reopen it for next season. Its not easy to get to, and for little children it would be pretty hard going - its a long walk down and up. You must take sensible shoes.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,496 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?

Officially Cavagrande is closed.

www.cavagrandedelcassibile.it/home_page.asp

And as modicasa has indicated, it's a challenging trek down and up for kids.

Vagabonda

Edited: 16 January 2018, 13:38
Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?

Ok, thanks for you replies.

That's sad to hear but no can do... That makes me to think again that do we need car. We'll stay about one week in Fontane Bianche and we could take probably bus, train or taxi to reach Noto and Siracusa.

Do we miss some must see places without car there? Something else than Vendicari?

If we have child safety seats with us, do taxis take us? Are there isofixes? Or is it impossible to use taxi with 2 and 4 years old kids? Can't put them to car without safety seats. We could take our own safety seats with us if taxis can put them on. Or do they only get angry and frustrated?

Thanks again!

Reply to: Laghetti di Cava Grande - worth visiting with our kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Syracuse
Recent Conversations