We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
which

From all these wineries to select from, if you have a limited time what would be the ones not to miss?

4 replies to this topic
Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which

I would visit the ones that offered the wines I like the best and were closest together. There's no sense tasting wines your palate doesn't like. But many people aren't interested in that. They prefer the view and the food. If you have limited time, you might want to try the Finger Lakes Wine Center http://www.sonnenberg.org/store.asp?pid=30134 which offers a variety of wines. Otherwise, I suggest you try looking at the "services" offered by the wineries listed here: ilovethefingerlakes.com/entertainment/wineri… Pick some of the ones that are close together by address.

Ronda Roaring

ILovetheFingerLakes.com

Maine
Level Contributor
404 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which

I would pick Swedish Hill in Fayette. It's not probably the most dramatic, but like the other poster said, they have several wines we really like, so that's where we go.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which

I suggest starting your Finger Lakes Wine tour at The New York Wine & Culinary Center at the North end of Canandaigua Lake in Canandaigua. http://www.nywcc.com/ Then visit the wineries that produce what you like! No sense wasting time visiting wineries that make what you don't like.

Cheers!

Edited: 06 July 2013, 17:12
Lake Placid, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which

Depending on the area of the Finger Lakes you want to visit can greatly determine which wineries you should see. If you're looking to go to the Corning/Steuben County area, here is a list of Finger Lakes wineres that you should look at: corningfingerlakes.com/wineries-breweries/wi…

Included in the area is the famous Dr. Frank's Vinifera Wine Cellars.

Reply to: which
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Finger Lakes Wine...