We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Do-Things in Galle District

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Must Do-Things in Galle District

Hi,

I am looking to travel 2 full days through Galle, staying one night in Bentota or Ahungalla. What are the main attractions that one should definitely visit during a trip through Galle? At this stage I am looking to travel down all the way to Galle first by car and spend the day in the city, then during the evening drive up to Bentota / Ahungalla and spend the night there .The next day I was thinking of checking out places near there, such as the turtle conservatory. Any recommendations for places to stop by?

Any info will be most useful =)

Cheers,

L.

6 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

Why backtrack from Galle to Bentota/Ahungalla?

A river cruise on Madu Ganga (Balapitiya) is recommendable.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,549 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

As the area is quite well-developed for tourism there are at least 10-15 other sights within 90 mins from Galle. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c122197/Sri-L…

for the overall list, what is recommended for you really depends on your taste...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

Was thinking to drive straight to Galle old town in the early morning and then do all the sights there, then during evening drive up to stay a night in either of those 2 mentioned places. But perhaps a better idea is to drive down to Bentota / Ahungalla, do the things there are there such as the River Cruise, and then the following day drive down to Galle Town and do the sights there before returning to Colombo at night.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,549 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

Well yes that sounds like less mileage...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

I would like to suggest a tea factory. Handunugoda Tea Estate, including tea, cinnamon, pepper, rubber and coconut plantation. I think it will be a nice experience if you are not visiting in hill country.

Good Luck

Krish SL

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must Do-Things in Galle District

hi Galle is a vitamin city for travellers. it is rich with cultrul attraction and rich value for tourist. there is good activity start talpe.. anceint sekkuwa oil mall. just search galle day tour operater and get some help.

Reply to: Must Do-Things in Galle District
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted