We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or not?

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or not?

Hi please give advice.

We are planning a trip to sri lanka but are not sure where to stay. If it is safe to do so and there is enough around where we stay we would prefer to not go all inclusive and eat out at local restaurants. Are there resorts like this or is it best to go all inclusive?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or not?

There are plenty of restaurants/bars in Beruwala/Bentota, Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,263 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or not?

And add Mirissa and Tangalle, but these are further from the airport than the list given above. (Negombo also qualifies but has a substandard beach).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or not?

Personally I would go A/I, you can still go out as we do to eat some evenings. For what difference between B/B F/B or A/I Go A/I. Bentota is a good place as a base.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or not?

If you're staying a resort that has a good reputation and reviews regarding the food, choose full board.

If there are any nearby restaurants that you would like to try, or if you're in an area mentioned in reply#1 choose half board

If you will be doing a lot of day trips and don't like the idea of spending the whole day in a hotel , or of the hotel seems to have mediocre food, then choose BB.

Then you get some resorts where there really isn't much of an option to go out and dine, so you will have to go with FB or whatever they offer.

The difference between "room only" and "Full Board" can be significant in some hotels. And some hotels repeat the same menu etc

Reply to: All inclusive or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Western Province