We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Nuwara Elia

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport to Nuwara Elia

Hi

What is the beautiful and safest(travel alone) from Negombo/colombo to Nuwara elia?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,556 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Nuwara Elia

Hi there,

Fastest is cab, around 5 hour. About as beautiful as the train which follows a different route; longer, esp. from Negombo as you need to transfer in Colombo. Safetywise no difference really as long as it's daytime.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Nuwara Elia

I traveled to Nuwara Eliya by train from Kandy, not Colombo. Im female and went there alone. you will be safe, but it takes long time to get to there. If from Kandy, the most beautiful view is the right side

3. Re: Transport to Nuwara Elia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 14:03

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Nuwara Elia

Thanks!

One question though.

I have tried to book a train from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya(getting off at Nanu oya) through this link https:/…main.jsp

1.Is this the right train I should take?

2.Is there a reason they are not showing dates after friday 23rd?

3.There is no markup for female seats,can I just book different one?

Thanks again!!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,556 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Nuwara Elia

Hi again,

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c195051/Sri-L…

for much train info. Yes Rajadhani and Exporail are the Internet bookable ones; both have theirn quirks e.g. indeed RE opening solely 14 days before date, weird! And none has female-only seats as they're always only one coach...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya

Reply to: Transport to Nuwara Elia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central Province