We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palenque and Agua Azul in a day doable?

Guadeloupe
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Palenque and Agua Azul in a day doable?

We like to know if we could do the Palenque ruins in the morning and head to Agua Azul

in the afternoon around 1pm. or vice versa. without stretching ourshelves. What time does ticketing booth open in at the Palenque ruins? How long does it actually take to visit the site on the average ?Since we will be arriving in Palenque the day before by bus(late evening), we could start our day early. How convenient and safe is it to get to Agua Azul on our own, hiring a taxi if necessary and what's the cost like? I assume most tours will leave in the morning only.....Since we'll be visiting on X'mas eve how late can we stay till in agua azul and make our way back while there is still daylight? Wonder what time is sunset in that part of Mexico? Another option would be to stay an extra day to visit Azul on X'mas day, not sure if that's a good idea?Assume less tour or transport option as it is xmas? Any suggestions and info will be most useful...Thanks!

Any suggestions and if

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palenque and Agua Azul in a day doable?

Slow down take your time everything will be upom.

BC
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palenque and Agua Azul in a day doable?

There is a wonderful museum at the Palenque ruins, as well. We ran out of time to see it properly. I had delayed going to the ruins early because it was pouring rain and I kept waiting for it to stop, but it didn't stop the entire day.

We took a tour to Agua Azules and it picked us up at our hotel at noon. So maybe you could arrange to be picked up at the ruins around that time. But I would allow myself more time at the ruins and museum instead. There are also nice waterfalls/small river within the ruins. Palenque is so beautiful.

3. Re: Palenque and Agua Azul in a day doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:19