We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay near Palenque

budapest
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay near Palenque

Can you recommend places to stay for night near Palenque ruins? Thank you!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay near Palenque

I liked El Panchan, the hippie jungle village right outside the gate to the ruins. Of the places there, Margarita and Ed's Cabanas are probably the best place to stay. I liked the place, though nothing fancy.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g249851-d108462…

Don Mucho nearby is a good choice for eating, with live entertainment.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g249851-d1…

PS, don't be confused by reviews at the El Panchan link above; people have stayed at different places within EP and written reviews, thinking it's all one hotel. It's kind of messed up.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 17:50
Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay near Palenque

Im looking also for a good and quiet hotel bear la Cañada... I stayed few years ago in this street and is beatiful. There is a few hotels there. Im arriving today and i ll like to hear recomendatios.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay near Palenque

Im looking also for a good and quiet hotel bear la Cañada... I stayed few years ago in this street and is beatiful. There is a few hotels there. Im arriving today and i ll like to hear recomendatios.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
399 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay near Palenque

I stayed at Hotel Chablis, in La Canada, and reviewed it on TripAdvisor, and I thought it was absolutely awesome and will stay there again if I come back, which I hope to because Palenque is worth several visits, and I liked Chiapas in general a great deal.

I worried about feeling too touristy by staying in the hotel zone, but it's just a few blocks to town and is very walkable. The hotel was affordable and had an excellent restaurant plus a pool and is surrounded by many other good little cafes. It's also immaculately clean, affordable, and the service staff was wonderful. It was like 15 minutes to drive to the ruins. I was very impressed and am thus recommending it!

budapest
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay near Palenque

thank you guys

California
Level Contributor
991 posts
1,692 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay near Palenque

Has anyone stayed at Nututun? Looks expensivd but Lonely Planet says not..... Advice?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay near Palenque

We were very happy at the Tulipanes. Very clean, fairly quiet, friendly staff, great reviews, protected parking, nice pool & garden area and a great restaurant. It's at one end of the 'Little Canada' area, so is very close to many other restaurants. It's also within walking distance to the bus station and a supermarket (Chedraui).

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g249851-d253949…

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay near Palenque

After re-reading your initial question - let me add that the Little Canada area is not real close to the ruins. There are places that are pretty close, but they are far away from town & the amities of town. We chose to stay in the Little Canada area because (we felt) that it was easier to get back and forth to the ruins than back and forth to the stores/restaurants/bus station/cabs/etc.

We never regretted that decision.

9. Re: where to stay near Palenque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 11:26
10. Re: where to stay near Palenque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2015, 07:15