We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Roi Yod

Llanwrtyd Wells...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sam Roi Yod

Hi

I seek advice . I am travelling with my wife

I have just found this area whilst searching the web.

I will be staying in Khao Takiab for a few days in January and am thinking of possibly having a few days somewhere in Sam Roi Yod.

However I do not have my own transport and would like to know how easy it is to firstly reach and secondly are there tuk tuks / taxis if we wanted to sightsee.Also are there restaurants / bars.

Also any ideas on which hotels are best , we do travel on a limited budget but would like somewher pleasant but do not need luxury just comfort.

Would much appreciate any advice you might offer .

Bob.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam Roi Yod

Sam Roi Yot is a national park, and it would be best to spend a night or two in the area.

Its too far for a tuktuk, so you would need to arrange a private transfer or take the regular but slowish songtaew service.

Pranburi has lots of nice resorts along the coast, and the town is a decent size, from where you could take trips into the park - which is almost 100sq km in size, and mountainous.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 13:57
Llanwrtyd Wells...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Roi Yod

Thank you for the information.

Looking forward to my visit

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Roi Yod

There are lots of places to stay that are nearer but you would only be about 35-40 minutes nearer than stayig in Hua hin.

There are varied choices of places to stay depending on your budget and the style of accommodation you want, varies from affordable, mid priced to luxury, if you tell us an idea of your budget we can suggest specific place to stay , but you will still have to use transport to get to and around the park. It is a very quiet area though.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 15:34
Reply to: Sam Roi Yod
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sam Roi Yot