We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark Antique Fair

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newark Antique Fair

Going to Newark Antique Fair for First time. Anyone have any suggestions ..best time to go, parking, vendors etc....

5 replies to this topic
Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
391 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark Antique Fair

Hi Snookie2,

I am sorry that you have not had a reply to your enquiry...I guess we are not very knowledgeable about antiques those of us in this area.

Other than the website for the fair which I guess you already have, I am afraid I have no knowledge of Newark or the fair itself. All I would say is that Newark is not huge, has reasonable transport links and I suspect is very well organised for this event as it is so significant.

I hope that you have a good time.

http://www.iacf.co.uk/newark/

Essex
Level Contributor
28,555 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark Antique Fair

Newark showground is HUGE easy to access from the A1 and has masses of parking.

Best time to go to any Antique Fair is early early early - dealers all get up early and go to find the bargains before the rest of the 'plebs' get there, so as early as you can manage to drag yourself out of bed and get there when the gates open.

OTHER bargains can sometimes be had at the end of the day/weekend/couple of days (whichever) as folk try to offload stuff they don't want to load up and take back home with them.

Here's the website for Newark Showground which might well have useful information for you:

http://www.newarkshowground.com/

Enjoy!!

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark Antique Fair

Snookie2,

Did you end up going to the fair? I am now going for the first time. Would you care to lend a new newcomer some advice? I would LOVE to hear all about it!

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark Antique Fair

We went to this. It was advertised as a 2-day event and cheaper to go on the second day, which what we did. However, when we turned up at midday some halls had already completely packed up and were empty and other external stalls l were packing up. I am not sure how many stalls there were on the first day, but that there were nowhere near as many as we expected when we went. Prices seemed high too from our experience of similar events.

kent
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark Antique Fair

I went to the fair in Dec. 2016 and again in Feb 2017. I have to be honest and say I was disappointed both times - £40 entry fee for 2 felt like a rip off when there were so few traders there, and many of those that were there started packing up just after lunch time.

Reply to: Newark Antique Fair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newark-on-Trent
Recent Conversations