We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

Dallas
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

I am flying into the Sydney International Airport on United at 6:10 a.m. - and then have to go to the regional terminal to catch a Rex flight at 9:45 am to Broken Hill. I will have a lot of luggage - and was wondering how to get to the regional airport, is it within walking distance? Can I catch a cab there - any suggestions? I believe Rex flies out of terminal 10, but am not sure. I worry because I have two large suitcases and a carryon, and I am disabled, I can walk - but not too well. I leave in 2 weeks! The last time I went to Broken Hill, I took the train - and that was pretty easy. Thanks for any advice I can get.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

From what I remember it is reachable via a train connection at the airport.

I found it ok and I am terrible at finding my way around so you should be fine :o)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

Catch a cab...and if you are disabled I would suggest trying to request ground assitance at Sydney terminal.

Unfortunately with Rex and United as your carriers you are not able to use the internal transfer system supplied by Qantas (but perhaps being disabled they may have another option)

Contact Sydney Airport via their website...

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
603 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

Shelley is correct, the international and domestic terminals (which are on opposite sides of the airport ) both have train stations beneath them. There is good signage.

Although it is only 1 stop it is fairly expensive (they impose a surcharge for these stations), it is still cheaper and probably faster than a taxi. From memory it was about $5 or $7 for the 1 stop.

There is also a free shuttle bus operated by Qantas for their passengers. Probably not an option for you.

I have a feeling Rex leave from the Virgin terminal - you may want to check that.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
603 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

Further to my earlier post - I missed the bit about you being disabled. Guruswife is right - The taxi is probably the better option. While the train stations are both accessible by lifts you will be possibly catching that train at the start of peak hour.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
652 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

Just adding on to this post. We'll be arriving Qantas at the International Terminal and then need to get to the Domestic for a flight with Virgin Blue.

Is there a shuttle for that or will we need to check for another way to get between the two?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

For Virgin or Rex -Just walk ouside of the international terminal and catch the orange bus to Terminal 2 or 3. Only costs about $3.00 and i think they run every 15mins.

7. Re: Sydney International Terminal to Regional Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 12:18