We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussie Pass from US

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Aussie Pass from US

Hi,

A shout out to anyone who can give me any advise regarding this option with Qantas from the US.

We plan on flying between territories during our visit next April, driving as well. Is it worth it to book exclusively with Qantas? I know there are some other airlines which operate within the country but I just don't know enough about them. For our time of year visit, we can visit 2 territories with 3 stops total for $1500 US. It sounds good from here but.....

Any info from anyone on TA is appreciated.

Babs from California

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussie Pass from US

Virgin Blue is a good alternative domestic airline, as is jetstar, but as jetstar is a subsidiary of qantas you might be able to use your pass on it as well.

i guess the difference depends on the difference in airfare with or without the pass.

how much do you save, and then look at where you want to go to, and check out how much their fares are. the sites may quote Australian dollars, and right now, our dollar is faring very well against the US dollar, .80c It may change in the near future cant promise, it used to be worth no more than 69c

webjet is one australian site which sells tickets from all domestic markets.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
12,174 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussie Pass from US

We flew on the Aussie Pass a couple years ago and it was a good deal for us. But, you've got plenty of time to also check out your options on Virgin Blue and JetStar. (I'm not sure, but I don't believe you can fly JetStar on the Aussie Pass.)

Another thing to remember is that with the Aussie Pass you can fly into one of 3 cities (Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney) and fly out of one of those same cities, so you might be able to get more "bang for your buck" that way.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussie Pass from US

I would just primarily go Qantas.

www.qantas.com.au they do have the cheaper fares like Jetstar which is totally Aline with Qantas.

www.jetstar.com.au - but you must acknowledge their budget rules.

I would highly recommend you join One World Alliance before you leave the US, as you can combine your travel with points.

www.oneworldalliance.com

I would certainly go the whole hog with Qantas.

4. Re: Aussie Pass from US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:21