We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme Parks

united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Theme Parks

Where would most covenient place be to stay for dreamworld, wet n wild. thinking of Broadbeach. how far to travel from Brisbane Airport? thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme Parks

As I'm sure that many others will reply, it rather depends upon budget. We always rent a car so once you stay in the area then it isn't far to get to the parks. We tend to stay at the Hyatt at Sanctuary Cove since the kids like it there and there's a kind of village feel to the place (admittedly a somewhat contrived one). This is pretty close to Dreamworld and W&W.

The parks area is about 45mins from the Airport depending upon traffic.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme Parks

On the Point

thanks for your advice. Sanctuary Cove area sounds good as we'll probably be doing Hervey Bay as well. No point in travelling too far afield from Brisbane and theme parks seeing as we are limited to time and flying back home to UK from Brisbane.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme Parks

If you're only going to theme parks and don't want to be near the beach..Hyatt is great (but it is very Golf oriented) however it is also very pricey in comparison to a lot of apartments on "the strip". It is also what I consider to be isolated... and is currently under going a refurb...

Other alternative locations within easy drive are at Southport and Runaway Bay. You could get nice views from these apartments...

Brisbane Airport is about 30-45mins drive from Surfers/Broadbeach (depending on how much the Guru speeds!). The theme parks are about 15mins from Southport (without speeding). 20 mins from Broadbeach.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme Parks

Minster, are you looking at accom up around Hervey Bay.. Daytripping from Sanctuary cove would be like daytripping to York (I know you live in lancashire just a distance I've driven for comparison) to London and possibly a bit further..or vice versa

united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme Parks

guruswife

yes we are thinking of staying up in Hervey Bay - just a question of fittng it all in really which is why I'm trying to get an idea of travelling times from various places ie. quite like the look of Broadbeach or Sanctuary Cove/Southport for location.

(As an aside we live about 30 miles inland from Southport in the UK!)

We will be hiring a car though.

At the moment I have planned 5 nights (4 full days) at Sydney - we land approx 7.00pm but maybe we don't need this length of time?

thanks for useful advice so far.