We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vigin Blue Car Hire

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Vigin Blue Car Hire

I have just booked a flight with VB from Adelaide to Brisbane and was offered via their website car hire at a very low rate (30-40% cheaper than Avis/Hertz etc.)

Has anyone booked car hire via VB and where there any hitches or last minute add ons

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
603 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vigin Blue Car Hire

Yes, Virginblue have a deal with Europcar and they offer a significant discount off rack rate. I've used them a couple of times & no particular differences to Hertz which I also use. BTW you can also get discounts off Hertz etc through arrangements - for example some hotel chains, timeshare orgs also offer similar discount off rack rate.

I've used Hertz and Europcar several times each (depending on best deal at the time) & have never had a problem with either.

You will be offerred (by all companies) options re insurance, this is on top of headline advertised price usually, but is made clear when working through the booking process. AU model works similar to UK I think. If you are prepared to pay for say, first $1500 damage, daily premium is lower than if you want full comprehensive cover.

There are usually restrictions about driving on dirt roads. Additional premiums for nder 25 drivers, for 2nd drivers, inclusion of baby seats & capsules etc.

And for some companies there are options about fuel - either return full (usually the best option) or return empty & they'll charge you for the refill at a premium.

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
112 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vigin Blue Car Hire

We have used VirginBlue car hire several times without hitch and have found them to be reasonable in price and a high standard of car for hire. Good advice from OP regarding excesses etc though.

Also, remember to fill the fuel tank before you get back to the airport - if the car hire firm top it up on your behalf they will charge almost double the going rate for the petrol!

3. Re: Vigin Blue Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:18