We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Qantas

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Qantas

A friend of mine stated to me that I I was to pay a premium for each of us that are flying (4 of us) then we could have the benefits of a special rest lounge at the airports giving us the opportunity to take a shower etc?

Does anyone know if that is true and if so should i contact Qantas and book it? Is it worth having?

We are travelling economy class!

Any tips or advise much appreciated as always. Thanks

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Qantas

The Qantas option you're talking about is probably the Qantas Club - this is a yearly payment for access to lounges all over the world and costs around $650 AUD. Not what you're looking for I'd imagine!

Servisair has a lounge at Heathrow and for 18.80 pounds you can use that. It has business and shower facilities.

Seems a bit expensive to me, but maybe someone else knows more about it?

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Qantas

The only lounge for qantas passengers is the qantas club normally for premium class passengers or frequent flyers with status.You can join the qantas club but as far as I am aware the cheapest way for this is an annual membership which would cost a few hundred dollars-you would need 2 memberships to get 4 people into the lounges.

However at quite a few aiports now their are private lounges which charge $10 to$50 for entry.You would have to look up the various airports you are using to see what is available.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Qantas

I may be mistaken, fudge, but I think you mentioned that you're travelling through Singapore. If so then the day spa is open to everyone and is more useful than the Qantas club (no massage in the Club). There are equivalent facilities in a number of other airports. Do some research on each airport you think you'll need some pampering at to see if they have a per-visit lounge (like the Singapore or Heathrow ones).

Unless you're travelling VERY frequently it isn't worth buying Qantas club membership.

Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Qantas

Hi Fudge - It is really difficult to access lounges when you are not travelling business. There are a few who will charge you a fee but most do not allow access to economy passengers at all e.g. British Airways.

For UK lounges you can try www.holidayextras.co.uk. For international lounges - over 450 of them worldwide - you could join Priority Pass - www.prioritypass.com - but this costs ��159 for membership per year - PLUS ��15 per guest. Members get in free.

Alternatively, you could email the airports you are visiting to ask them if they have a pay for access lounge and what is the cost - and then do your sums.

It won't be long now. We have only four and a half weeks to go. Hope you have a fab trip.

Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Qantas

That's British pounds for the cost.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Qantas

Thank you very much for all the replies! And yes you are correct i would have to join the quantas club and also pay a premium (i called Qantas airways) and I was quoted up to 350 AU dollars per person to join!!!

If I win the lottery then maybe i could!!! *LOL*

Think I will be browsing the shops!!!!

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying Qantas

Hi fudge

When travelling to Germany with my husband we used the BA. exacutive lounge(he is a frequent traveller)at Birmingham,and Dusseldorf.We got the free drinks and snacks etc.and it was nice,but I didn't think it was SO different from the ordinary departure lounge,especially if you like wandering round the shops.Maybe it was a little quieter.What I'm trying to say is ,if I had to pay I would maybe think twice.

Worcester
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying Qantas

Hi there. New contributor - please be gentle! We're in Australia next year on a tour. Flying out business class with Qantas. we have a few internal flights trabvelling economy. Is there a way of gettig access to the lounges without joining the Qantas Club for a whole year?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,396 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying Qantas

perhaps consider joining BA World Traveller Club as this would give you access (they have reciprocals).

The only way to get access to the domestics is to have status or join the club...unless you can find a nice person who'll sign you in!

10. Re: Flying Qantas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 17:18