We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa ETA visas4oz

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Visa ETA visas4oz

Has anyone used www.visas4oz.co.uk to obtain a visa as at £6.50 its a great saving for the 5 of us travelling in November for 3 weeks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

I had a look at them for my parents who are coming out here in a few weeks, and I have to say that personally I would rather pay the extra 3 quid direct to the official Oz government site (http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/), rather than having some unknown outfit getting

1. all my personal details

2. the information that I'm going to be away on particular dates.

I'm not very trusting, I know, but I've been stung before.

Sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

I agree with Holmes about visa

I would call the Australian Embassy in London and ask them if they are credible before I handed over your passport and priivate info. I am very sceptical of companies who offer services normally performed by the government.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

the aus gov is the original provider of this service.

they charge $a20.

how can second parties be cheaper?

do they forget to adjust their local prices according to FX and take a loss on the transaction or do they some how "buy in bulk" and are able to fix their prices for a certain time.

always been a puzzle to me.

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

Seeing as its only 6 or 7 dollars more I suppose to avoid the catastrophe of being declined entry I will follow advice and go to official site.

Thank you all for your help.

:o)

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

Just been looking at the official site and it seems evisitor applications are free after 27 October. You may want to check it out if you don't have ETAs already.

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

awwwww craps....

Looks as though I paid for nothing then :o(

7. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2012, 03:47
Bristol, Uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

Hiya. I've just been on the government website and can't find that it is now free for a tourist visa. Is this still correct? Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

This is from www.immi.gov.au

Who is eVisitor for?

An eVisitor is designed for people who are outside Australia and want to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes.

Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family and/or friends.

Business purposes may include attending a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit.

How much will an eVisitor cost?

There is no application charge or service fee for an eVisitor.

What does an eVisitor let me do?

You can stay in Australia for up to three months on each visit within a 12 month period from the date of grant.

Bristol, Uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa ETA visas4oz

ooo many thanks

Although i just tried doing it and they seem to have a server error! :-)

Still waiting to see if there is a catch. Can't see how everyone is charging for the visa but they are not...