We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling mobiles from uk

east sussex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calling mobiles from uk

My daughter has just travelled to Surfers Paradise (on her own) and bought herself an Australian sim card. She has called me and text in the Uk but when i have gone to recall her i can not connect. Her number is 614xxxxxxxx any advise to where i am going wrong. Also she is staying with a friend until tomorrow any advise as to hostels.

Regards Lily

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling mobiles from uk

I am only going by the numbers you've typed...but have you added a + in front of the number (if you are using a mobile) or added the international dial out code for the UK?

I can't think of anything else except that the SIM does not allow any international calls - incoming or outgoing??

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling mobiles from uk

u need to use the uk international access code before the number.

61 is australia

and the number beginning with 4 is her mobile number (minus the 0 at the beginning), so u have the right number of digits

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling mobiles from uk

In the UK you would need to dial 00 614xxxxxxxx.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Calling mobiles from uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 13:20