We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia visa

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Australia visa

I shall be travelling to Australia for a holiday at the beginning of next year and am rather confused as to whether I need a visa. If so, is it best to buy before I leave England or when I arrive in Australia? I have looked on the web and they seem to be all different prices. Can anyone help please?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia visa

Annouska

Your location says 'Perth' so I'm a bit confused about what type of citizen you are.

Therefore, 'hypothetically' if you were a British citizen you MUST get a visa BEFORE you travel to Australia.

It also depends on how long you plan to stay there.

If it is a regular holiday, you will need an ETA Visa (Electronic Travel Authority)this allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months and is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. They are about £20 sterling and are instant confirmation depending on your circumstances.

We organised our ETA's through www.eta-visas.co.uk. There is no paperwork and its electronically connected to your passport and the Australian Government.

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia visa

Hi Laura

Many thanks for your help on this, sorry for the confusion, its Perth in Scotland not Australia.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australia visa

Ahhh I see, :-D !!

Glad to be of help anyway.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Australia visa

The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship handles matters regarding visas. Their official website for questions about visas is www.immi.gov.au. You should be able to determine exactly what type of visa you need and how much it will cost. Also, since it sounds like you will need an ETA, you can get your visa online (which must be done before you travel) from this website for a charge of AUD 20.00.

5. Re: Australia visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:22