We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Itinerary ...I think

alabama
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
My Itinerary ...I think

Feel free to give advise on changes that should be made. Yes, there are a LOT of animal places. We are all animal lovers and we want to experience as much as we can However, we also want to see other things as well. Most afternoons after the zoo experiences is left for sight seeing, ect.

October 10, 2005 - Leave USA

12 - Arrive Sydney - sight seeing in the afternoon

13 - Reptile Park

14 - Opera House then onto Sydney Mall (?) this is what my son called it. He visited sydney 2 years ago.

15 - Featherdale - then fly to Brisbane

16 - Australia Zoo - Sight seeing

17 - Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - then boat to Tangalooma (Moreton Island)

18 - 19 Tangalooma - Leave to Carins to Port Douglas

20 - Full Day (private) Tour - into dry svannah woodland

21 -Half Day (private) Tour w/Daintree Cruise and visit the Daintree Mangroves Wildlife Sanctuary

22 - Great Barrier Reef snorkle tour -

THEN either stay in Port Douglas or Fly to Uluru.

If we go to Uluru we will arrive on 22nd.

23 - Possible Sunrise tour then Sounds of Silence in the evening

24 - Fly back to Sydney

25 Return to USA

OR if we stay in Port Douglas....What would you suggest for our day (23)?

Please help me decide on Port Douglas or Uluru. We can't extend our vaction any longer. Just wondering if it would be worth the extra flight and short time to visit Uluru.

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Escape Discovery Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
The Little Penguin Bus
Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Itinerary ...I think

Stay at Port Douglas chexmix and enjoy the sunshine. October up there is fantastic. Plenty of little journies to do, check out a few suggestions I made to the Lakes post. Going to Uluru will be nice but it is two more half days at airports than you need. I would also keep a day in hand for your GBR trip as it can get very windy up there and it is much nicer out on the reef if it is calm. Having the extra two days means you can chop and change your plans to find the best day out on the reef. The rainforest and tablelands trips aren't affected by how windy it is.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Itinerary ...I think

Just one observation, you might find that the Australian Reptile Park (at Somersby, which I presume is the one you mean) covers much of the same ground as Featherdale. You'll see most of the local mammals, birds and reptiles at both. I'd be tempted to do one or the other, and I suspect that Featherdale would be much quicker to get to. This would leave you more time for other things.