We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vodafone Prepay Caps vs Plans?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
41 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Vodafone Prepay Caps vs Plans?

Hi,

I want to get a prepaid SIM card when i arrive next week and I am a little confused about the differences between Prepay Plans and Prepay Caps offered by Vodafone.

My assumption so far is:

Plans vodafone.com.au/personal/…index.htm

give you 20 AUD credit for 20 AUD you pay and the credit ist good for a year.

Caps

vodafone.com.au/personal/…index.htm

give you e.g. 150 AUD credit for 29 AUD you pay but the credit will expire after 30 days.

Does that about sum it up?

Confused Chris ;-)

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vodafone Prepay Caps vs Plans?

Chris, I am as confused about this as you are, and I'm on a Vodafone plan!

There are some other things on the Caps that you don't get on the Plans:

- you can't dial 1900 numbers

- you can't txt competition lines

- you don't get the rural access agreement (national roaming)

Also, only 1 of the plans gives you the credit for the year (that's the 365 plan). The other plans (talker, txter etc.,) the credit runs out after 2 months.

I don't use my phone much so I stick with the Plan (so the credit has longer to run out).

2. Re: Vodafone Prepay Caps vs Plans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 09:22